A frequently asked question by students,
It is important to note each programs criteria and make sure you have also familiarized yourself with each programs renewal criteria. Should you have any questions, please contact us.
To apply for any the programs below (excluding the Laurels Scholarship) you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Federal TEACH Grant
- Federal Direct Loans: Subsidized and Unsubsidized
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Work Study Program (FWS)
- North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship
- University of North Carolina Need Based Grant
- Forgivable Education Loans for Service
D.C. Tuition Assistance Grant Program
If you are a resident of the District of Columbia, you may qualify for a grant - not a loan - to attend public colleges and universities nationwide. This grant pays the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition. This means you pay the low in-state rate, or get $2,500 per year to go to private colleges and universities in the Washington metropolitan area.
- Laurels Scholarship
- Departmental Scholarships
- Institutional Scholarships
- UNCA Tuition Grant
- NC Need Based Grant